20 Top color schemes for your home design- A360Architects Bangalore
A good interior design also includes a well-thought-out color scheme. It is not enough to simply choose a color. Which rooms do you want to paint? Do these rooms get natural light? Who is the intended user?
What paint scheme are you considering? Answering all of these questions is important to understanding how to create an effective color scheme for a home. An interior color palette is a careful and well thought out selection and strategic placement of colors. This visual language of colors determines the influence and experience of the people in the house.
Types of color schemes for home interior design When designing an appealing color scheme, it is important that you, as the designer, let your creativity run wild. But it’s not always necessary to reinvent the wheel. There are plenty of existing color palettes that have been used successfully in the field. These can also be a good foundation for you to develop advanced color schemes. Let us take a look at some of the most typical color schemes we have seen.
1. Complementary colors Colors that are on opposite ends of the color wheel are called complementary colors. The concept of a complementary color scheme is to bring out the character of the contrasting color. The rule of thumb for using a complementary color scheme is that you should use one subtle color and one dominant color to avoid color conflicts.
2. Split up complementary colors If you are into bright colors and drama, you are in the right place. For the brave among you, a split complementary scheme is just the thing. You need to select a primary color and choose the colors on either side of the complementary color. This dramatic effect can help you make a unique statement as a designer or homeowner.
3. Monochromatic colors In the age of minimalism, monochromatic shades are very popular. They essentially consist of one color and all its shades and hues. The scheme is based solely on changing the values, saturation and tones of the primary color.
Why are color schemes so important for interiors? Although it may seem simple, choosing an effective color idea can make all the difference in creating a good interior design. Warm colors, cool colors, and muted colors all have different effects on mood. A good color scheme has many benefits, but let us take a closer look at some of the most important aspects.
1. Connect the house A color scheme can be used throughout the home, connecting each room to create an eye-catching visual language. For example, you can make sure the room stays neutral and monochromatic while adding accents of color with pillows, armchairs or lampshades.
2. Mixed madness Conversely, you can choose different schemes for different areas of the house to create a fresh perspective. Some clients are more than willing to experiment with a varied color palette. You can apply a complementary color scheme from room to room, rather than just in one room.
3. Neutral is the norm If your clients prefer a quiet, serene home and fundamentally dislike colors, do not fret. No colors does not necessarily mean boring. You can suggest a calming palette of attractive neutral colors and play with their undertones. The palette you choose should include either a subtle gray or beige to mute the vibrancy of the house color.
4. Let the natural light do the talking The color scheme of the walls can be adjusted to the natural light that is present in every room. If you do not take this into account, you risk making a room look too boring or too vibrant. In a room with a lot of sunlight, lighter shades also look brighter
5. Start with the living room Always remember to start planning your color scheme with the room you use the most. In most cases, this is the living room. When you enter your home, this room is practically the entry point to your color scheme and concepts.
6. Consider neglected rooms Transitional spaces like entrances, landings and hallways are often neglected. Make sure you include these spaces when planning a color scheme. If you do it well, they can also become the highlight of the home with accent colors and unique treatments.
How to choose a color scheme for home interior design? An easy and safe way to design an effective interior color scheme is to start from the static elements in the room. These can be the inflexible aspects of the home, such as the architectural elements, furniture, flooring, tiles or even the art. With the help of the following tips, you can then begin to determine the perfect colors for the walls.
1. Get inspired You can get inspiration from anywhere. It could be an image your clients love, or a theme you both like. Anything that appeals to the eye and delights the heart can be the basis for your color scheme
2. Appreciate the hue When choosing colors, it’s important to keep color values in mind. The color value represents the darkness or lightness of the hue. Playing with these values can give your color scheme a deeper meaning and make it look more attractive.
3. Plan well before execution It’s easy to get intimidated by the variety of colors available. You can create a floor plan or 3D home model to experience the space in all its color options. Make sure the colors are patterned on the walls so there are no surprise elements. You can even create a mood board where you contrast the different materials, textures and furniture in the room with the suggested colors. Good planning can help you achieve the desired goal and avoid unwanted mistakes in execution
4. Take into account the natural light Natural light has a fantastic effect on any color, even in small spaces. After all, color is a reflection of light. Therefore, with the help of real-time solar diagrams available in 3D software, you can find out how the light from natural and artificial sources will react to the color on the walls.